[Samba] Printing

Amy A. sambalist at ash.st
Tue Mar 30 05:23:27 GMT 2004

Hello,

After installing the latest 10.0 mandrake with the 2.6 kernel, we seem to be
having some difficulty printing from any windows 2000 machines.  No problem
loging onto the network, accessing any file...just printing from any windows
2000 machines.  I got the 'heads up' with possible printing problems with
win98 machines, so I took the same corrective steps.
I added printers to my cups with all uppercase letters.  Restarted cups and
samba, all was recognized and looked great.  I rebooted one of the
windows2000 clients, went to add a printer......the only printers even
showing as 'possible candidates' to add to the client were the ones already
installed!  It would not allow me install any of the old printers (that were
not already on the client) or any of the new ones I had just put in.

Has anyone run into this problem at all? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Amy A.