[Samba] Newbie samba3/smbldap-tools questions...

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Mar 30 00:38:02 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have set up a test configuration with Samba 3.0.2a and ldapsam/nss on
FreeBSD 5.2.1, one PDC and two BDC's on different subnets. Most is now
humming along quite well and I need to get a grip on the administrative
side of it.

- Is it possible to use the NT4 usrmgr.exe to administer accounts? Have
people used to nothing but Windows who needs to add/delete users. I have
tried but never got it working properly, lots of rpc errors. smb.conf is
set up to point to the scripts and it works fine from a unix terminal.

- Are there other better (graphical) tools (usable under windows) one
can use for this task?

Thanks for your input here,

Per olof