[Samba] Data Migration NT -> Linux

Schlomo Schapiro samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Mon Mar 29 18:54:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

do you use rsync on Windows and sync between the disk and a samba share or
do you run an rsync server and use rsync in client-server mode ?

Another option would be to use another syncing tool, like
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/ or
http://www.fileware.com/products.htm#CmdSync

Maybe better even just turn off the old PDC and put the HDs into the linux
box (or did you span one partition over multiple disks ?) and then copy
locally under Linux - Your Terabyte will be copied in a few hours.

Schlomo

--
Regards,
Schlomo