[Samba] Can't re-add NT box to domain

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1081009132.58449f at deepeddy.com
Mon Mar 29 16:18:50 GMT 2004

> From:  Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
> Date:  Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:08:15 -0700
>
> If the option to join a domain is in the network properties, then it is
> not a domain controller. If there is no option to join the domain, then
> it was set up as a domain controller. It's not at all ambiguous.

Right.  The machine is not a domain controller.  But the problem is that
when we try to add the machine to the domain through that very option,
we get the error message that I mentioned in my first email:

	This computer name is already configured as a domain
	controller on the domain.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
Trinsic Solutions		http://www.trinsics.com

	    If you don't apply what you've learned, you haven't
	       learned anything.