[Samba] Can't use Romaing User profiles

Raphaël admin.prepa.cpe at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 29 14:15:24 GMT 2004

Hello list.

I'm trying to use a samba(3.02a) file sharing server for Windows 2000 pro
workstations connected to a domain (2003 server).

My samba server has joined correctly to the domain with "net ads join"

here's my smb.conf :

[global]
realm = TEST.BTS
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = windows2003.test.bts
workgroup = TESTBTS
client use spnego = no

[homedir]
path = /home
guest ok = no
writeable = yes
browseable = no
nt acl support = yes

[Profiles]
path = /profiles
guest ok = no
nt acl support = yes
writeable = yes
browseable = no

Profile tab settings in Active Directory for user1:
profile path : \\sambaserver\Profiles\user1
home dir = connet U: as \\sambaServer\Homedir\user1

When I'm tring ton connect with user1 on a Windows 2000 Workstation,
the home directory is correctly mapped to U:, but Windows refuse to create
the roaming profile on the share (which is chmod 777) and force me tu use a
temporary local profile.

Is something missing somewhere?

Thank you.

Raphaël