[Samba] Any plans to fix Bug 1139 in 3.0.3?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Mar 27 13:19:12 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 09:58, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Brandon Turner wrote:
> | I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any plans
> | to fix Bug #1139 (reproduced below) in version 3.0.3.  I
> | haven't tried 3.0.3pre1 yet, but from what I read of
> | the changes it doesn't look like this bug has been
> | addressed.
>
> We'll do out best.  The bug report sounds strange though.
> And we'll probably need to get some more information you
> at some point.

I understand the issue here (I asked for it to be filed).

The issue is that the SID->??? code can get confused, because we have
not got 'sid_to_id' code, that can return any kind of id.  Instead, we
can call sid_to_uid(), which will fallback to nasty incorrect values,
before we try sid_to_gid().

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org