[Samba] Samba 3.0 & 2003 Active Directory Native Mode

Daniel Magaña Molina dan666 at gnovus.com
Sat Mar 27 00:16:42 GMT 2004

First i must say that i use SuSE 9.0 so i download the rpm's for SuSE

libsmbclient-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm
libsmbclient-devel-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm
samba3-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm
samba3-client-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm
samba3-doc-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm
samba3-winbind-3.0.2a-30.i586.rpm

and i got a GUI
ksambaplugin-0.5-1.i386.rpm

then i put this on my smb.conf

[global]
winbind separator = +
winbind  cache time = 10
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash
workgroup = THO
security = domain
restrict anonymous = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
max protocol = NT
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto
encrypt passwords = yes
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /home/winnt/%D/%U -s /bin/false -M %U
#<------end globals---->

then you havee to start your samba server

rcsmb start

and then start the winbind server
winbindd

and the you just have to join the domain

net rpc join -U Administrator%password

now you can try to reed the user list from the win server

wbinfo -u

or the group list

wbinfo -g

if evreriting goes ok so far you can import the users from the server

getent passwd

and the groups

getent group

so far you already got the users an groups list from the win server, now you
have to create the service in this case i will put the ssh daemon to validate
users the file /etc/pam.d/sshd shuld look like this
#%PAM-1.0

auth     sufficient     /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account  sufficient     /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
password sufficient     /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
session  sufficient     /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
session  required       pam_unix2.so    none # trace or debug
session  required       pam_limits.so
# Enable the following line to get resmgr support for
# ssh sessions (see /usr/share/doc/packages/resmgr/README.SuSE)
#session  optional      pam_resmgr.so fake_ttyname

and thast is all, if you need more inf. just let me know

--
Ing. Daniel Magaña Molina
dan666 at gnovus.com
Merida, Yuc.