[Samba] pam_smbpass on HP-UX 11i

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Mar 26 21:28:28 GMT 2004

I have been trying to use the PAM module for password syncing on HP-UX
11i. I am using the 3.0.2a source distribution, and when built, I get the
following error upon access of the module:

Mar 26 15:37:07 beta syslog: load_modules: can not open module
/usr/lib/security/pam_smbpass.sl

...the module is there, so that is not the issue. I believe I had this
problem with an older v3.x source distribution, but as I recall, I built
"--without-ads" to turn off the krb5 modules and everything began to work
alright.

Can anyone help me even figure out where to begin here or how to
troubleshoot? I am using HP's AnsiC compiler package.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630