[Samba] some files and dirs dont appear with XP

Celso González celso at mitago.net
Fri Mar 26 09:28:13 GMT 2004

Hi

I have installed Samba 3.0.2a and i have a problem with some files that
exist but they dont appear in the XP browser and other files in the
same dir are shown
I can access that problematic files using win98 and smbclient.

Permissions are ok, and if I move the files to other dir they appear.

Relevant info from smb.conf
[global]
	preserve case = yes
	short preserve case = yes
	case sensitive = no
[Clientes]
	path = /var/samba/Clientes
	readonly = no
	browseable = yes
	create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777

The files
"/var/samba/Clientes/MALLA, S.A/MALLA S.A/0011Q-D.TEMPORALES
LEAS.2003-1.xls"

permissions are 777

The dir
"/var/samba/Clientes/INVERSIONES CIUDAD JARDIN, S.L."

permissions are drwxrwxrwx

No vetos, and all the files and dirs have the same permissions

Thanks in advance

--
Celso Gonzalez
celso at mitago.net