[Samba] Any plans to fix Bug 1139 in 3.0.3?

Brandon Turner brandon at msc.tamu.edu
Fri Mar 26 00:42:15 GMT 2004

There was a thread from Feb 28 to Feb 29 between Sebastian and Andrew
that discussed this in more detail.  Basically, it seems that Samba uses
algorithmic mapping even when an entry in LDAP indicates that a given
SID is associated with an existing UID.  Normally people don't
experience this bug if they built their user databases from scratch, but
if they migrated from NT keeping the old NT SIDs they begin to have
correct SIDs and UIDs that don't follow the samba's algorithmic mapping.
So it seems when someone trys to use the Windows ACL editor to change
the ACLs on a file, Samba changes the Linux ACLs based upon the
algorithmic mapping of SID->UID instead of looking the SID up in LDAP
first.

Hope that makes a little sense.

Brandon