[Samba] 3.0.2a: Win98 can't connect but w2k is fine

Jake Di Toro karrde+samba at viluppo.net
Thu Mar 25 14:43:09 GMT 2004

After an upgrade of debian/stable-> testing, samba got upgraded from
2.x to 3.0.2a.  And now my Win98 clients can't connect.  To make
matters worse nothing is showing in the logs when they try to
connect.  W2k connects fine and there is logging that they connect and
disconnect from shares.

I double checked encrypted/plaintext passwords on the win98 box, but
neither mode helps.

Any help on what to look for or what to do to get logging to appear
for thes fails.  Network conectivity is there as I can access other
services on the linux box.

--
Till Later, Jake <karrde+samba at viluppo.net>