[Samba] Lots of Samba (smbd) processes

Rick Cone, Secure Payment Systems rcone at securepaymentsystems.com
Tue Mar 23 17:44:18 GMT 2004

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew why there would be so many Samba (smbd) processes running on my SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 system?   I found an awful lot of them running, much more that what I would expect given the number of Windows PC's on the network.  One of the users was having trouble accessing a file on the SCO system, and that is when I discovered this.   I actually had to write a program to kill (kill -9) all the Samba's (smbd) processes, and then restart Samba.   All was well after that.

Thanks for your help!

Rick Cone
Secure Payment Systems
801 8th St.  #150-D
Greeley, CO  80631
970-352-9434 (office)
970-352-0122 (fax, call office before sending)
rcone at securepaymentsystems.com

Note: This electronic message and
attachment(s), if any, contain information
which is intended solely for the
designated recipient(s).  Unauthorized
disclosure, copying, distribution, or other
use of the contents of this message or
attachment(s), in whole or in part, is
prohibited without express authorization
of the author of this message.