[Samba] Samba 3.0.2 under Solaris 9

Radu.STANUC at cec.eu.int Radu.STANUC at cec.eu.int
Tue Mar 23 15:26:03 GMT 2004

Hi
I need help to install Samba 3.0.2a on a Solaris 9 machine. I can't get
winbind to work correctly cause of missing SASL. Samba was compiled an all
needed GNU packs was installed, but I can't install the right version of
SASL. There are 2 version available  :1.5.28 and 2.1.24 The first compiled
and installed well but generate an error that fail ./configure of OpenLDAP.
This is a known bug solved by actual release but when I try co compile the
last one I got error massages : OpenSSL not found and NTLM disabled (used
path for openSSL, openSSL installed on the machine and when I use the same
parameters for 1.5.28 he found OpenSSL). The goal is to compile Samba with
Kerberos and AD support (so OpenLDAP devel libraries need to be build on the
machines, SASL needed or I'm in a wrong way) to have user authentication via
Winbind to give automatically access of an user to his home (located on
Samba machine). I use the same scenario for a Linux machine (Red Hat AV 2.1)
and here everything work correctly.
Thanks in advance for help.

Radu