[Samba] Authentication With Different IDs

Jerry Maldonado (Apollo) Jerry.Maldonado at apollogrp.edu
Mon Mar 22 23:50:42 GMT 2004

This is my first time sending a req to this list.  I have checked the google
groups and the aimsgroup archives and cannot find the answer I am looking
for.  I am sure it is because I am not really sure what I am looking for.  I
also purchased the"The Official Samba How-To and Ref Guide", but no go.

Linux:  Fedora Core 1
Samba:  3.0.2-7.FC1

I have an application user name "psadmin" shared out through samba with a
set password.  I have multiple windows users who need to map to this share.
I am able to map the drive using the windows "login as a different user"
option.  However, if the user logs out of the windows box, then back in,
they have to re-type the password for the mapped drive.

Is there a way user abc can log into the "psadmin" share every time without
having to re-enter the password?

TIA

Jerry