[Samba] problem with local logon using roaming profiles

lists at wd.nu lists at wd.nu
Mon Mar 22 20:19:17 GMT 2004

I\'ve set up a samba 3 PDC which seems to be running perfectly fine. All workstations can log in properly and roaming profiles also works as expected. One of the workstations, a laptop, is on the road from time to time and therefor I naturally disconnected it from the network and did a routine logon to the domain i had setup before releasing it into the wild again. The logon failed...

I had expected a simple error message telling me I can\'t use the servers profile but the error message I receive is:
\"The system cannot log you on now because the domain xxx is not available.\"

I\'ve tried the same procedure on several workstations and get the same result on all but one (which btw seems perfectly oblivious to the other workstations problem with the task).

I\'ve also checked the local policy settings in Windows to make sure the cached logons setting is > 0, and indeed it\'s set to the default 10.

I\'ve checked around for anyone having the same problem but can\'t seem to find it. If there are anyone out there that have any advice at all I\'d be very grateful!

/j