[Samba] smbldap-tools dont handle referrals

Matthias Eichler mylists at ame.de
Mon Mar 22 17:46:54 GMT 2004

Dear List,

I've a ldap setup with one master and one slave server replication via
slurpd and with an "updateref" entry on the slave server, so all
modifies on the slave server get an referral to the master server.

For some kind of loadbalancing we have a dns roundrobin entry which
points as well to the master as to the slave.

Unfortunately it seems that the smbldap-tools are not able to handle
referals? I always get:
---cut---
failed to modify entry: Referral received at
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl line 140, <STDIN> line 2.
Unable to change password : Referral received at
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl line 174, <STDIN> line 2.
---cut---

Does samba itself handles referrals correctly?
Or do I have to make some specialities for implementing a
redundant ldap backend into samba?

Thanks for your input,

Matthias