[Samba] 2 domains on 1 samba server

Isabelle Heu heu at istpc41.cicrp.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 22 09:41:49 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'd like my samba server to control 2 domains.
I've read there was 2 possibilities :
	- using netbios name/alias & include files
	- running 2 smbd

the 1st way :
my smb.conf goes like
	 netbios name = istpc91
        netbios aliases = winserv
	include = /etc/smb.conf.%L

and my smb.conf.istpc91
	workgroup = IST

	smb.conf.winserv
	workgroup =TESTIST

with this solution i 2 servers istpc91 and winserv working for the same
workgroup "WORKGROUP".

the 2nd way:
i run smbd and nmbd with the 2 different configuration files

/usr/sbin/smbd -D -s /etc/samba/smb.conf.istpc91
/usr/sbin/nmbd -D -s /etc/samba/smb.conf.istpc91
 /usr/sbin/smbd -D -s /etc/samba/smb.conf.winserv
 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D -s /etc/samba/smb.conf.winserv

then it seems that only the first command line is taken.

So, have anyone succeed to do this?

thanx.

--
Isabelle Heu