[Samba] Win2k/XP doesn't execute logon.bat while logging in toSamba PDC

Mon Mar 22 00:13:20 GMT 2004

There are too many possibilities to pin-point the problem. I do notice,
however that there are errors in your smb.conf unless I'm mistaken:

> logon path /home/%L/profiles/

For a start you need a '=' and also this should be a windows path
telling the clients where to find the users profile. For example, mine
is:

logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U

Showing that the user's profile is on the 'Profiles' share of the PDC
under a directory named as the username. Not sure if this is related.

Another point: You use %L a lot. Are you aware that this is just the
name of the PDC, looks like you want %U, the username of the connected
user.

Hope these points help

If you still can't get it working try just running the logon script
manually (run \\servername\netlogon\logon.bat) or have a look at the
logs (up the log level if necessary)

Alex Forrow