[Samba] samba 2.2 as a pdc

Varun Aggarwal varun.aggarwal at aajtak.com
Sat Mar 20 00:24:42 GMT 2004

 Hello all

iam trying to configure samba 2.2 as a PDC for our small network in which i
have windows as clients. Well i made changes to smb.conf file and added the
machine account . but when iam trying to join a windows machine to samba
domain it asks me for user name and password. i gave my root username and
the passwod for the same but it says that that the account is not autorized
to log on from this station.........this is my smb.conf file

[global]
netbios name =linsys
workgroup = incitetoday
passdb backend = tdbsam
os level = 33
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
security = user
domain logons = yes
logon path = \{}\{}%N\{}profiles\{}%u
logon drive = H:
logon home = \{}\{}homeserver\{}%u\{}winprofile
logon script = logon.cmd
[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
read only = yes
write list = ntadmin
[profiles]
path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
read only = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

plzzz help its urgent  thanks in advance