[Samba] samba printing problem

geralds assistance at ids-ug.com
Fri Mar 19 08:38:21 GMT 2004

Hi

I've got a printer connected on my samba server as a local printer. On my
network i've got a win98 machine and a windowsXP macchine. A user on the
win98 machine  is able to print (after configuring  a network printer on
win98)  but the windowsXP machine is not able to print (i configured the
printer anyway). It says, "sometimes permission denied or Drivers on print
server are not there" and in this case the user logged in can view all samba
files he has permission to.

my smb.conf for the printer is as follows;

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/tmp
	printable = yes
	guest ok = true
	create mask = 0600
	browseable = no
[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
	write list = @ntadmin root
	force group = ntadmin
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775

Any out there who can help me out of this problem?

Thanks.
Rgds,
         Segie.