[Samba] smbclient failing to connect to Win2k PDC: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Jason Mealins jmealins at supfoo.org
Fri Mar 19 01:23:22 GMT 2004

I am running samba 3.0.2 on Mac OS X and samba 2.2.7 on Redhat ES 2.1, and I am trying to connect to
an Windows 2000 Machine that is also the DC. I have made sure that SMB-packet signatures are
disabled, but I am at a loss why both clients continue to show NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE. The
passwords are correct as well as the account names. The following urls contain the smb.conf,
the ethereal trace from the samba 3.0.2 connection (smbclienttrace), and the debug 10 dump of the
smbclient connection, these are all from the OS X machine. For the life of me I cannot figure out what is going wrong.
http://peon.supfoo.org/smb.conf
http://peon.supfoo.org/smbclienttrace
http://peon.supfoo.org/smbclient_debug

Jason Mealins