[Samba] Print from windows to linux cups server fails using smb

peterl2002se peterl2002se at yahoo.se
Thu Mar 18 21:12:36 GMT 2004

Cups admin manual says it is just to have smb.conf to include
printing = cups
printcap name = cups

I have tried to get a print out from a windows client to the linux
hosted server for weeks now...

Printer: Lexmark-z53 on usb
Linux distr: Suse 9.0
Kernel: 2.4.21-166
Samba: 2.2.8a-139
Cups: 1.1.19-85
Windows XP client.

cups error_log never gets the print command.

Cups works fine when printing from server and other linux box.
Samba on printer server works fine when accessing shares and uploading
drivers.

For the windows host I add a raw printer. I expect that the lexmark
drivers will do all processing at client side.

Any ideas?
/Peter Liedholm