[Samba] smbclient+konqueror not playing nice with Win2000 server

Mathew McBride matt at mcbridematt.dhs.org
Wed Mar 17 10:44:22 GMT 2004

Hello Everybody,
At school there is a Win2000 server, in domain member mode (but not a
domain controller) that does all the network storage stuff.

I can access it via konqueror by using the username <domain>\<user>, but
I can only browse folders etc, but not copy files to/from the server.

I can't join the domain at all (Linux not supported and normal user
accounts can't join there own machines to the domain).

I can't also smbmount it. I can smbmount my own Samba-based domain
controller at home, though. NetBIOS name and workgroup are set to my
school ones.

Thanks in advance.
--
Mathew McBride