[Samba] samba 2.2.3a / openLDAP connection problem

Markus Amersdorfer mamers2003 at aon.at
Tue Mar 16 15:41:08 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:38:32 +0000
Martin Wood <martin at ideaworks3d.com> wrote:

Hi,

> ldapsearch -b "ou=People,dc=ideaworks3d,dc=com" -LLL -D
> "cn=manager,dc=ideaworks3d,dc=com" -W -x "(uid=marvldap)"
>
> gives me the correct output (the LDIF format entry for marvldap)
> but still no luck with smbpasswd -a smbuser

If you don't happen to have your slapd providing ldaps only (and as your
Samba-setup uses non-encrypted LDAP), then your best bet is to check the
slapd-log/-debug-output: Does Samba connect to the LDAP-server? What
does it (Samba) want? What does the LDAP-server think of it? etc...

Sorry, I'm running out of ideas...

Cheers,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/