[Samba] clients logout and client creating users

Max Waterman davidmaxwaterman at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 13:15:09 GMT 2004

Hi,

Two questions, only slightly related to SAMBA :

1) when I have logged into my Samba server (rh9) from
a W2K or XP
client, how can I log out again so that I can log in
as someone else. I
know logging out of W2K/XP will work, but I would like
to log out of the
SAMBA server w/o logging out of W2K/XP. My Mac OS X
client has an
'eject' button which I can use - something similar to
that is what I am
after.

2) We have a W2K server as PDC. The admin for that m/c
has mentioned
that it is always a chore to create users each term
when new students
arrive (we're a small school). He noticed how easily I
created users on
our RH9 box, which also runs SAMBA in the same domain
as a file server.
Is there a way I can use the scripting capabilities of
the RH9 box
(perl, for example) to create users on the W2K PDC?

Max.