[Samba] password changing error message, but workin

Matthias Eichler mylists at ame.de
Tue Mar 16 11:22:12 GMT 2004

Hi List,

sorry to bother you folks again, but there is some
problem which makes me nuts for hours now:

we have samba 3.0.2a with ldapsam (openldap 2.2),
and pam_ldap (not winbindd)

when changing the users password from a win-xp-client
i get an error "wrong username or password" BUT the
password change works in the ldapsam, so as well as
lmpassword, ntpassword and userPassword!

Unfortunately the log output (log level 3 and then 5)
is not very clear.

Anybody any idea where I should put my finger on?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias