[Samba] (3.0.2a) nsswitch/winbindd_user.c:winbindd_getpwnam(157)

Ken Wright ken at cncware.com
Tue Mar 16 02:25:40 GMT 2004

After connecting to the samba server as a domain user without password
challenge, authenticating against a w2k DC (security = ADS), with
winbindd running, I can navigate the shares successfully but cannot
write to the share.

I have done "net groupadd ..." to map windoze-unix groups.
I am assuming from the log enties below that my access problem lies in
the given errors. How to resolve?

Also, I have seen a variety of conflicting examples of how to properly
define domain users and groups in smb.conf. Can someone provide the
proper definition that has evolved for 3.0.2a?

 From winbind.log:
nsswitch/winbindd_user.c:winbindd_getpwnam(157)
user 'SERVER$' does not exist

 From the SERVER.log:
[2004/03/15 18:08:02, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(245)
Username DOMAIN+SERVER$ is invalid on this system

Thanks,

Ken