[Samba] Print Queues Dying!!

Jeff Umbach jeff at theserverpos.com
Mon Mar 15 20:56:54 GMT 2004

It started with one networked printer but it appears to have spread to
another and now all networked printers occasionally go down.  We have
several JetDirect boxes and one NetGear PS101 printer server served by CUPS,
the Windows computers access the print queues via Samba 3.0.2 on RedHat
Enterprise Server 3.

This is a very problematic issue and it is getting worse.  We used this same
type of set up with LPD at other installations without issue.  Is this a
known issue with Samba and CUPS or just a CUPS issue?  I'm trying to get LPD
installed to see if it works better.