[Samba] Winbind

Terry L. Eleiott teleiott at tke-companies.com
Mon Mar 15 17:59:28 GMT 2004

I am running Red Hat 9.0.  I recently upgraded to Samba 3.02 from 2.8 using
a binary.  Before the upgrade, winbind was available in RH's Service
Configuration as a service to be started on startup.  After the upgrade,
winbind is no longer available in RH's Service Configuration GUI and I must
start winbind manually.  The winbind script is in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ that
RH's Service Configuration monitors for services.  Does anyone know why
winbind would not be present in RH's Service Configuration GUI.

Thanks in advance,

Terry L. Eleiott, P.E.

TKE COMPANIES