[Samba] how to disable roaming profile on win2k?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 14 02:13:49 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 17:14, RRuegner wrote:
> Craig White schrieb:
> > On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 13:57, ksc133 wrote:
> >
> >>dear sir,
> >>
> >>i've configure a samba PDC on a RH7.2.
> >>my windows client can logon. but i like to disable roaming profile on
> >>the win2k.
> >>presently i disable roaming profile on the win2k itself.
> >>but i like to configure samba PDC to do the job instead!
> >>pls help me on this.
> >>
> >>another is that my samba users when logon to win2k. all became
> >>restricted users!
> >>even root account! now i can't even shut down the win2k.
> >>anyway to over come this problem?
> >
> > \---
> > logon path =
> >
> > Craig
> >

> hi, you can also use a reg patch or a security policy
> to make windows only use local profiles.
> Regards
----
actually, I think he had that covered already. He wanted to not have to
do that with each machine.

What I did was miss the second part of his question...that answer is to
add the users or groups to the appropriate groups on each of his
machines. (i.e. add "Domain Users" to the local 'Power Users' or
'Administrators' group).

Craig