[Samba] No full administrator-permissions on local machines withsamba 3 domain login

Fri Mar 12 23:38:32 GMT 2004

When you say domainmember is a member of the admin group, what admin
group do you mean? The admin group as set in the smb.conf or the NT
'Domain Admins' group?

By the details you are describing, it sounds as though it's not the NT
'Domain Admins' group, but just added in smb.conf. I say this because
Samba seems to think you are an admin because it allows you to make
users. If this is the case, you must map the admin group to the NT
'Domain Admins' group using

net groupmap add......

Now the windows computers should see you their admin,

Hope this helps

Alex Forrow