[Samba] Samba 3.x

Martin, Neil neil.martin at unipath.com
Fri Mar 12 15:08:33 GMT 2004

Please could someone help me  I am having an issue with list users and
groups from my 2000 Domain.

I know that someone will have covered this before, so I am helping you
can help.

Basically I am able to do a wbinfo -t.  I have successfully joined to
the domain.  Using net join.

Please find below copy of my smb.conf.  Winbind and smb are running.

If I do a wbinfo -u or -g I get the following :-

[root at s-uni-prx99 samba]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance

Neil Martin
#

SMB.CONF

[global]
        realm = europe.root
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        load printers = yes
        guest ok = yes
        #username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        dns proxy = yes
        netbios name = s-uni-prx99
        server string = samba server
        password server = *
        workgroup = europe
        os level = 20
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        security = domain
        preferred master = no
        max log size = 50
        domain master = no
        local master = no
        #wins server = 10.1.2.11
        winbind separator = +
#       disable netbios = no
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
#       winbind use default domain = yes
#name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
[homes]