[Samba] weird home share problem

Edward Ashley samba at klesknet.com
Fri Mar 12 14:12:51 GMT 2004

I would advise making sure that both your settings in the ldap database and
the smb.conf are the same. Either that or don't provide them in one or the
other. Also have you given the computer enough time before logging in to
become a member of the network, this can happen with my wireless pcmcia card
which takes some time to configure itself for the network. Have you
configured the ldap database correctly, if you want some GUI help then you
can install LAM: lam.sourceforge.net. Have you mapped the groups using net
groupmap.

These are all potential banana skins, and I hope something helps.
Ned