[Samba] pam_winbind failure -- what did I do wrong?

Markus Feilner mfeilner at feilner-it.net
Fri Mar 12 11:49:08 GMT 2004

Hello List,
I have successfully integrated samba 3 to ADS Domain, and now i want to
allow domain-users to access services on my linux box. For testing i
chose /etc/pam.d/login and tried to allow ADS Users access to the
console. But i always get the following errors:

Mar 12 12:45:59 cuba90 pam_winbind[9011]: user 'r-ermer+mfeilner'
granted acces
Mar 12 12:45:59 cuba90 login[9011]: User not known to the underlying
authentication module

r-ermer is the correct domain, user is auth'd correctly, but no access
is given. Why? I do not understand the second error, about User not
known ... .
Here is my /etc/pam.d/login:

#%PAM-1.0
 auth required pam_securetty.so
 auth required pam_env.so
 auth sufficient pam_unix2.so nullok
 auth sufficient pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
 auth required pam_deny.so
 auth required pam_nologin.so
 account sufficient pam_winbind.so
 account required pam_unix2.so
 password required pam_pwcheck.so nullok
 #password required pam_unix2.so nullok use_first_pass use_authtok
 session sufficient pam_unix2.so none # debug or trace
 session sufficient pam_limits.so
 session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

I am running SuSE 9.0, and i remember that this used to work with an NT
domain under SuSE 8.0 - but what did I do wrong?
Thanks!!!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner

Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Feilner IT Linux & GIS Erlangerstr. 2 93059 Regensburg
fon: +49 941 70 65 23  - mobil: +49 170 302 709 2
web: http://feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net