[Samba] Trouble mounting a windows share from Linux

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Thu Mar 11 19:17:52 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Iverson
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 2:07 PM
To: 'fernando at sertecnet.com'
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] Trouble mounting a windows share from Linux

On Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:07 PM Fernando Pintabona wrote:

> Sorry, my memory failed...
>
> I really meant when you execute smbmount with no parameters. :)
> and not the man page.
>
> Fernando p

Ahh...it works great when using mount instead of smbmount.  Thanks!  I can't
believe I overlooked that.

Next questions:

Is there a way that I can have this share mounted during login without
prompting for a password and still keep the share secure to the user?  After
all, the user did just enter their password during login.  Perhaps I could
add something to .bashrc?  Unfortunately, I must do this without exposing
the user's password as plain text in any form.  BTW, does smbmount encrypt
the password?