[Samba] Groups not listed in USERMGR.EXE

Erik Hoitinga Erik.Hoitinga at skynet.be
Thu Mar 11 14:49:46 GMT 2004

Dear list,

I'm using samba 3.0.2a on a RedHat Linux server. Samba is configured as
being a PDC. When I use
the usermanager from SRVTOOLS.EXE on my W2K workstation I don't see any
groups listed in the window
below the userlist. Also when I look at the properties of on of the user
(who is member of more than one
group) I only see that a primary group is assigned, the one in /etc/passwd.
The "member of" and the
"not member of" windows are empty. Anyone seen this behaviour before?

The configuration lines concerning users and groups in my smb.conf are:

    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -d "/home/%u" -g users -c 'User
Account' -s /sbin/nologin -m "%u"
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -d /dev/null -g users -c
"Machine" -s /sbin/nologin -M "%u"$
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r "%u"
    set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g "%g" "%u"
    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G "%g" "%u"
    delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d "%u" "%g"

TIA,

Erik Hoitinga
web: http://users.skynet.be/fanzel