[Samba] Disabling Machine Account password change

Florian Thiel thiel at medienzentrum-kassel.de
Thu Mar 11 14:43:01 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:

> Florian Thiel wrote:
>
> | We set the registry entry (see MSDN article) locally for a bunch of
> | machines. The problem is that we're deling with about 700 machines
> | spread out in the whole city. We are not able to disable the hard drive
> | protection remotely, so this would be tedious.
> |
> | I would really like a clean centralized solution.
>
> The MS kb artcile mentions the RefusrPasswordChange
> reg value.  You could add this to the hardcoded registry
> paths than Samba supports.

Yes, that's the idea. The problem is that I'm not feeling able to do
this on my own. Is there a samba developer around? I think it shouldn't
be too hard if you know the structures. I'm not even sure what value
Windows expect in return...

Florian

--
Florian Thiel - Medienzentrum Kassel
Systembetreuung Internet- und Kommunikationstechnik