[Samba] samba 3 ldap pdc

Lukas Meyer lukas at msys.ch
Thu Mar 11 07:51:13 GMT 2004

Hi list!

I set up a new Samba 3 PDC with ldap backend. In our network, there
already exists an old samba 2.2.8 PDC with ldap backend. Now I have two
PDC named DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2. Because in our network, there are a lot
of windows NT4 and W2k workstations that are loggin on to DOMAIN1, I
don't want to join every workstation to DOMAIN2.

Is it possible to shut down DOMAIN1, and configure the new PDC DOMAIN2
as DOMAIN1 so the workstations don't have to join again btw wouldn't get
new profiles? I migrated all workstation and user accounts to the new
one, so every workstation and user has also access to the new PDC. Or
exists any other method of migrating to the new PDC? The big problem is
that I want to keep the profiles of every user.

best regards
Lukas