AW: [Samba] Disabling Machine Account password change

Stumpfl Markus htl.traun.kustos at eduhi.at
Thu Mar 11 06:46:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

what you could try (I've set it that way and works fine - for now ;-)):

open 'gpedit.msc'
\Computerconfiguration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Settings\Security Options\Domain Member: Maximum Age of Computer
Passwords
set that to 999 (maximum). So you should be fine for some time...

Normally in Windows if you set something like that to 0, than it would
be disabled and the Computer-Password would be never reset but because
Samba handles that otherwise... (at least what I know of)

Markus