[Samba] Samba and LDAP backend - howto docs problems?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Mar 10 16:36:53 GMT 2004

Adam Williams wrote:

>>Would it be possible to post the piece of smb.conf that shows these
>>scripts correctly configured? So far I've found volumes of man pages for
>>various scripts, but I have no clue on what options to pass to them so
>>that they work.

> The return values and parameter list are enumerated in the manual pages.

In grotesque detail. The man pages tell me what is possible to do, and
the list of possible things is long and detailed.

I am interested instead in what is recommended that I should do. So far
all I have found is a post in the archives where someone posted their
config file when they were having a problem. This kind of thing should
be documented somewhere.

Regards,
Graham