[Samba] pam_winbind and SuSE 9.0

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Wed Mar 10 12:03:45 GMT 2004

Hello List,
has anybody got pam_winbind get to work under SuSE 9.0?
I try to set up a pam.d file to enable users auth'd against winbind to
access my mail server. I am testing with console login or ssd files at
the moment. I found some docs at samba.org (esp the winbind section),
but that didn#t work.
I used to manage with older versions, but i can't figure out what went
wrong ... al I get are "permission denied" or "user not known to the
underlying authentication module"
Has anybody got a working example file for pam.d, without pam_stack.so
from redhat, that's not with suse - or an idea how to install
pam_stack.so on a suse system - or any other hint?
thanx!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner