AW: AW: [Samba] WinXP Profiles

Stumpfl Markus htl.traun.kustos at eduhi.at
Wed Mar 10 07:04:38 GMT 2004

Hi,

Yeah, I too had that one :-)

The problems are access rights!

So, what I did was the following:

1. I created the standard profile in WinXP (Admin)
	installed the progs
	set the docs and outlook-paths
	started the progs (to check they are working)
	set all the desktop settings (for the users!)
	played A LOT with "gpedit.msc" ;-)
2. I created a 2nd admin and logged in
3. in “System\Advanced\User Profile” I selected the Administrator
profile, “copy to” and set the <b>access rights to “everyone”</b> and
copied it onto the samba server
4. I then I logged in as Admin and deleted everything I didn't need and
changed the desktop setting "to admin like"

After that I had the profile on the server with the correct rights set
:-)
Then - if you didn't copy the profile as 'root' - I did "chown -R
root:root users.man".

directory

server:/home/profiles#
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root         4096 Mar  5 11:38 users.man

smb.conf

[global]
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\users.man

[profiles]