Advice?[Samba] System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found

Alan Wright awright at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 9 05:18:16 GMT 2004

"[Samba] System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found. After
moving working system to a new domain."

Robert,
I apologise for imposing on you, but...

Did you get a result on this?

It has me stumped. I've installed RH8 (clean install) replacing my RH7.3 and
there are 2 areas I am having problems with.

I cannot view the linux "shares" on my win2k box. C:\:net view >finds the
server... but no shares...because at the shares level I get the error 53,
etc.

Hoping this will fix my XWin32 problems...it won't run either.

I'm thinking an authentication problem - but no joy from my samba logs??
I won't burden you with my smb.conf at this time...except to say testparm
checks ok.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

\Alan Wright