[Samba] Samba: Linux and Windows

Gurkan Aslan gurkan at iaslan.com
Tue Mar 9 02:05:14 GMT 2004

Hi there,

I know; maybe you did answer to this question before but i am new in
this mailing list...

I have 3 GNU/Linux (Slackware) installed machines and 2 Windows 2000
installed machines. One Slackware machine is a file server... I have
create 7 users in this server and i want to set my samba configuration
file for share thems home directory and some group directories... When
it works fine, then i see another problem: GNU/Linux machines are always
ask the user/pass (first time ok, but when i try to join into a
directory, it ask again) and windows machines can not see the shared
directories... What is wrong here? There is my smb.conf file;

(windows machines usernames aren't same as GNU/Linux machine)

[global]
        workgroup = HAZARAJANS
        printcap name = cups
        printing = cups
        security = share #if i set security = user then the windows
machines can't access the samba

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printer admin = root, integer, @hazarajans
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer driver location = \\devrim\HPLaser
        browseable = No
#printers works fine there is no problem...

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browsable = Yes #They must see thems home directories

[grafik]
        comment = Grafik Bolumu
        path = /home/grafik
        read only = No
        browsable = Yes #This is the graphic users group (i set the
modes/masks true in console)