[Samba] Samba 3 - domain admins (not root)?

Jonathan Baker-Bates TMS jonathan at themusicsolution.com
Mon Mar 8 17:33:59 GMT 2004

I'm trying to work out how I can create domain administrators with Samba 3.

I currently have the following in smb.conf

    domain admin group = @smbadmins
    domain admin users = root jbb

User "root" can do administrator stuff on the domain and any local machines
it logs in on. Now I want to make a user a member of the administrators
group for the domain, so I've added them as a domain admin as above, and to
the smbadmins group, but when they log in to the domain. they don't get any
admin rights.

Can anyone tell me what needs doing to achieve this?

Thanks,

Jonathan