[Samba] CIFS, fstab, credentials - one down, one to go

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Mar 8 17:32:41 GMT 2004

> The other thing is:
> at boot time, I get:
> CIFS VFS: Error connecting to IPv4 socket. Aborting operation
>  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -22

Whoever produces this message, it remains, but I've been able to make the
system mount the shares at boot time by adding
/sbin/mount -a -t cifs
to /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2 , which is Slackware's init script for network related
stuff.
a corresponding umount has to go to rc.0 and we're done.

What remains is the credentials issue, even with a later mount.cifs.

Dex