[Samba] Samba 3.0 as domain member server in ADS

Johan Evers johan at opiin.dk
Mon Mar 8 13:03:50 GMT 2004

I have tried now for allmost a week to get this thing working.

I have installed (Debian packages):
samba 3.0.2
krb5-user 1.3 (This is MIT kerberos)
krb5-config 1.6
winbind 3.0.2

I don't know if my samba is compiled with ADS but I assume it right now
- I just installed the apt-get package from the testing (sarge) debian.

My problem right now is that

root# *smbpasswd -a -m /machine_name/*
Failed to initialise SAM_ACCOUNT for user appboga$.
Failed to modify password entry for user appboga$

Attached is a copy of my smb.conf and krb5.conf

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards,

Johan Evers

Opiin Software ApS