[Samba] Question on attaching problem

Jurzitza, Dieter DJurzitza at harmanbecker.com
Mon Mar 8 12:36:12 GMT 2004

Dear listmembers,
I use a samba server 2.8.1 with about 50 persons attached in a M$-Domain
(the samba - server is not a domain controler).
Each user has it's own account on the server (for example DJurzitza). Every
other time someone suddenly (I did not find out the reason why this happens)
cannot attach to the server any more if it's password on the server differs
from the password in the surrounding M$ domain.
Since people are forced to change their password every 6 weeks in the M$
domain I try to avoid this. I do not want to authenticitate people in the M$
domain, I want them to authenticate on the samba server.
Does anybody have a clue what could be the cause? Should I provide the
smb.conf file / excerpts from /var/log/messages?
Many thanks for you help in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

HARMAN BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Manager Hardware Systems
         ESI

Industriegebiet Ittersbach
Becker-Göring Str. 16
D-76307 Karlsbad / Germany

Phone: +49 (0)7248 71-1577
Fax:   +49 (0)7248 71-1216
eMail: DJurzitza at harmanbecker.com
Internet: http://www.becker.de

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.