[Samba] ld and libsmbclient

Steven McClellan steve at mcclellan.org
Sat Mar 6 02:08:53 GMT 2004

Hello,

I am having some difficulty making ld resolve the functions in the
libsmbclient.so when linking.  I am using samba 3.0.2a and the shared
library is being built ok.  There must be something wrong with the shared
library installation.  Could somebody please walk me through all of the
steps necessary for getting the library installed correctly.  The make
install only copied the libsmbclient.so.

I have tried several different versions of samba, all with the same result
so I must be missing something.

Thanks,

-Steve