[Samba] Re: Re: alloc_sub_basic: NULL source string!

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 5 23:49:56 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 15:47, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 04:49:01PM -0600, Jeff Umbach wrote:
> > Unfortunately that is not possible on this server, it is a live server that
> > a restaraunt's point of sale system is running on, so I can't just go
> > recompiling the samba.
>
> Is it reproducible on a non-live server we can do experiments on ?
>
> Jeremy.
----
oops - meant to send to list...

----
as an fyi - I am running AS 3 / samba upgraded to via up2date this
week...

# rpm -qa|grep samba
samba-3.0.2-6.3E
redhat-config-samba-1.0.16-1
samba-common-3.0.2-6.3E
samba-client-3.0.2-6.3E

I'm not experiencing that problem.

In fact, the upgrade from 3.0.0-14.3E (I think it was) to current has
quieted down the logs considerably.

Craig